The Colt Express: Marshal & Prisoners expansion contains three new components:
- It adds another character "Mei", a martial arts lady.
- The players can free prisoners from the prison wagon that is added to the end of the train.
- One player can play as the marshal, who has two decks of bullet cards and three specific items.
- The Marshal has got four hidden and random objectives, he must achieve it to win the game (i.e. shoot every bullet from one gun, catch a Bandit, Shoot at every Bandit, ...)
- Freeing junior bandits from the prison car gains their help (i.e. a secondary ability for your character)
The marshal is a little different to the normal bandits to play, you do not have the pick up loot action, which is replaced by an additional arrest action. You can capture bandits while on the train and send them to the prison card. The Marshall also has a special move+ or climb+ action, which lets you play one more action and do something fast in one turn- very handy if you want to arrest a bandit, and that is a good thing.
The new Prisoners are fun to play with, depending on if they are your side-kick or not, they provide new abilities that for example may let you loot twice or give an additional power when you rescue them, adding more to the tactics of play, and also the crazyness too!
Overall, the game adds another dimension and another carriage, the prison car in the mix, new rules, and more fun, plus of course being an expansion you can bolt it on or not, its up to you, but it certainly does add more chaos to an already chaotic (in a good way) game!
It comes in with a bargain RRP of £17.99 so head on over to your local game store and grab yourself a pack add it into your games, even if its just a new player character, or all of it... which is the joy of this expansion!
Come and join us in all sorts of gaming chat in our Facebook group here, and come follow us on Twitter @rollyoursix and Instagram join the chat, and tell us about your games!