D-Day Events

Some pictures from the D-Day events run at the FLGS, Parker Banner Kent and Wayne. There was a Bolt Action bocage breakout, Flames of War beach landing, and a Bolt Action beach landing. It was hard going, with some serious losses for the Americans.

Bunkers increasing difficulty to hit by 4 meant I couldn't touch anything inside unless I had an army of snipers (Waaah, waaaaaaah. Snipers, Air Strikes, and howitzers/medium-heavy mortars would have helped). I did manage to take out a few guys, but the Germans had plenty of officers to unpin. A lack of Air Support was murderous, and the fact that it took 4 turns of full movement to get to the base of the embankments, then another full turn of movement to get into the trenches, and then another turn to shoot/assault. It was... frustrating. Very frustrating. At the very least the eight (!) hour game increased my understanding of the rules. I am quite burnt out, however.



It also makes me want to start experimenting with making water effects with silicone chaulk. I've got some ideas. More pictures from the event are below!














Comments

Popular Posts